Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Indian Government Scanning Facebook Posts

Yesterday at around 12 noon, I posted the following message on my Facebook account and immediately my account got disabled.

image

For next three hours or so, I have receiving the following message when I logged on the Facebook account.  The message said “The URL you requested has been blocked as per instructions from Department of Telecom (CHNN). URL = www.facebook.com/nextnewton”. 

image

www.facebook.com/nextnewton happens to be my account profile page.

After some time, my Facebook account was up, however I was not able to find my post on Facebook. In the notifications tab, I found that someone had liked my post, before my Facebook account was disabled… so I clicked the notification and it redirected to this message.

image

Anyhow, by yesterday evening my account and posts were reinstated.

1 comment:

VinayBhargav said...

Your prayers should have been not only for muslims displaced in Assam but also other assamese who were fleeing from cities like Hyderabad and Banglore because of some stupid SMS and MMS!! I am sure prayers does not need religion. However I understand your concern here.