Thursday, February 17, 2011

Microscopic captures–Part2

Here’s a little experiment I did. I took a tiny drop of water, approximately around 1mm in diameter. When I put it under microscope, it quickly evaporated. I recorded the whole process of evaporation. Here’s the YouTube link.

Evaporation of water–Microscopic View

As you can see, first the thickness of the water drop reduces… and then it breaks apart (at 1:00). At notice, a micro-organism floating in the water.

Here’s some other microscopic shots I have got.

image

Fig: Feather of a mosquito

image

Fig: Sticky fluid

image

Fig: Head of the ant

image

Fig: Tip of mosquito leg

image

Fig: Leg of Mosquito

image

Fig: Red thread made up of cotton straws dipped in water.

image

Fig: Red Cotton straw

More pictures to follow soon.

No comments: